Parallax is an architectural design and planning firm located in Culver City specializing in private school, college and university buildings. Our office is a collaborative studio environment committed to creating distinctive high performance architecture for educators. We have been serving schools in the Los Angeles and San Fernando Valley regions for over 25 years.
We are looking for an energetic, well-organized Project Manager to support planning and design work on several school projects.
The Project Manager’s role is to work closely with the firm’s Principals to carry design objectives through to successfully completed projects and ensure that our services are delivered in accordance with our contractual obligations.
- Managing the completion of production documents for Schematic, DD and CD phases
- Negotiating service contracts with engineering consultants
- Managing the work of engineering and design consultants as necessary to meet the project budget and schedule
- Obtaining clearances from City and/or County agencies and clearing permits for construction
- Attending job meetings during construction phases to monitor progress and coordinate communications
- Managing the processing of contractor RFIs and shop submittals during bidding and construction phases
- Maintaining project records throughout the design and construction phases
- Registered California Architect
- B-Arch from a U.S. College or University with 5-7 years of experience in project management for institutional buildings
- Understanding of Los Angeles building and zoning codes
- Strong general knowledge of construction materials, standards and details
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or Revit; Adobe Creative Suite; Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong team leadership and organizational skills
- Los Angeles area resident
- Must be authorized to work in the US
Three references minimum.
Please no phone calls, drop-offs, or agencies.
Salary will be set based upon the successful applicant’s experience and demonstrated skill level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance and a 401k plan.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, salary history, reference and work samples in PDF format (no larger than 10 MB) to: Ms. Hamill at email@example.com