Founded in 1991, Elysian Landscapes began with a focus on residential design that quickly blossomed into significant commercial work, with such projects as the Parker in Palm Springs, Balenciaga and new models for urban development like Platform in Culver City and Spring Street Lot in Chinatown. Now a multidisciplinary studio, Elysian Landscapes continues to extend a finely detailed and hands-on approach to making projects at every scale. We envision landscape as the medium of the contemporary city, and our work, across multiple private and public commissions, as one continuous habitat for the city of Los Angeles. As a design/build firm, making our work from conception to fruition, we are able to ensure our ideas and aspirations are executed with the highest quality and intent.
JOB POSTING – Project Designer/Manager
Elysian Landscapes is currently seeking a full-time Landscape Project Designer/Manager proficient at and passionate about the creation and development of outstanding landscapes from concept through execution.
Successful candidates will have strong experience in and working knowledge of the design and construction processes. Demonstrated experience should include developing and maintaining clear and effective communication between designers, consultants, vendors and client, and should also include effective supervision of internal project teams.
The position will require a high level of design input and leadership ability to define and carry out project vision.
- Professional degree from an accredited college of Architecture or Landscape Architecture (BArch, MArch or MLA).
- High level of proficiency with AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office. Land F/X a plus.
- 5-10 years of Landscape Design and Construction experience.
- 5-10 years of Construction Document and Specification experience.
- Knowledge of grading design, planting design, materials and technical aspects of landscape design.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is required.
- A high degree of self-motivation, flexibility and resourcefulness.
- Effective communication skills with strong organizational principles and attention to detail.
- Oversight of all client presentations.
- Management of multiple projects ranging from small residential to large commercial.
- Coordination with clients as well as multiple vendors, subcontractors and consultants to maintain design intent, project budget and project schedule.
- Coordination with city planning and all city agencies.
Salary is competitive and based on experience/skill level.
Please submit a current resume, references and at least five (5) projects that best represent the candidate’s professional and academic design work in PDF format (8MB maximum).
Resumes submitted without work samples will not be considered; applications with only a reference to a website will not be considered. All applicants who are not U.S. citizens must describe their status to work in the United States, including visa type and duration.
No telephone calls, please.