Dattner Architects is seeking a Project Architect with residential experience to join our award-winning housing studio. From 4 story walk-ups to 54-story towers, we are leaders in urban, sustainable housing with a focus on affordable, supportive, and workforce multi-family residential developments in New York City. We are designing the tallest passive house project in the US, recently completed a LEED for Homes Platinum development, and are incorporating Active Design and Well Building Standards into our projects.
We have a passion for the city and for designing inspired, socially impactful spaces. This defines our work and has led to numerous awards. Our practice is organized around three studios, each of which focuses on a specific typology: housing; education, cultural and healthcare; infrastructure and transportation. With over 100 people in our Manhattan office, we maintain a vibrant working environment. Learning and professional growth are nurtured through mentorship and daily collaboration, as well as socialization. We regularly host continuing education seminars, “happy hour” presentations, and employee art exhibits. Our firm fosters diversity, community engagement, and live-work balance.
The chosen candidate will work as a key member of the project team during all phases for urban housing developments in New York City..
If you believe in design equity, and share our love for the urban fabric and communities of New York, join us.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture
- 6-10 years’ professional experience
- Experience with all phases of urban housing developments
- Outstanding design and concept/idea generation ability
- Strong technical and presentation skills
- Self-starter who is focused, articulate, well-organized, and design-minded
- Proficiency with Revit; familiarity with other 3D and industry software
- Knowledge of NYC Building Code and NYC Zoning Regulations
- Familiarity with LEED, Passive House, Enterprise Green Homes, and WELL Building Standard
- Able to take a project from concept through Construction Administration
- NYC Architectural Registration a plus
- Authorization to work in the US
To apply, complete our job application: http://www.dattner.com/job-app…
Dattner Architects is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website to learn more about our employment policy – http://www.dattner.com/careers/diversity-equal-opportunity/