Project Architect – Austin
Lake|Flato Architects, a nationally recognized architectural design firm based in San Antonio and Austin, Texas, has immediate openings for a Project Architect to join our Austin studio. We are looking for self-starting individuals who share our attitudes about creating great work in a collaborative environment. Our work seeks to balance the art and science of architecture. Applicants should show experience and interest in all aspects of the design process and look forward to being part of an enthusiastic team. We are accepting applications for a Project Architect with project experience in large scale institutional and commerical architecture.
Applicants Must Have:
- 7-10 or more years of relevant work experience.
- Professional degree in Architecture
- Professional Registration
- LEED Accreditation
Requisite skills for consideration include:
- Design and technical detailing expertise
- CADD drafting, modeling, and rendering, including Revit and SketchUp
- Digital graphic skills, including familiarity with software such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to sketch and draw by hand
- Experience in sustainable design, the craft of construction, and contextual design
- Ability to work well with others as a team leader
- Provides leadership contributions on architectural Project Design/Process, Document Production/Coordination, and Construction Administration
- Work directly with Office Leadership to lead the architectural project process from inception to completion on large projects
- Lead and coordinate client communications among the client, consultants, and internal architectural team
- Work with the Accounting Department to establish a project’s budgeting, staffing, scheduling, financial management and contractual requirements while endeavoring to complete projects within the allotted time frame and for the prescribed profit.
- Familiar with, and appropriately reference, innovative Lake|Flato and peer design, sustainability and technical solutions
- Lead & coordinate effective 3D design and BIM modeling, and the graphic/digital production of presentations and record documents
- Work with the Sustainability Department to maximize the environmental outcomes for each project
- Leading team integration of building systems, construction details and finishes into the overall design while adhering to building and accessibility codes while overseeing a project’s construction administration and close out
Please send a digital copy of your resume and an expanded edition of your portfolio in .pdf or .jpg format by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit our website at www.lakeflato.com for more information on our firm, our culture and our people. Upon receipt, we will review and contact you should your qualifications meet our staffing needs. No phone calls please.