Goshow Architects seeks Project Architects to join our team in New York city.
Does the practice of architecture excite you? Are you an architect who thrives on helping your coworkers and clients to achieve their best? Are you looking to have an impact on a team of smart, talented, and super fun people? Are you looking to strike the perfect balance between professional and personal obligations and aspirations? If so, we want to meet you!
Our Project Architects are intermediate level design professionals who act as assistant team leaders responsible for technical and design aspects of our projects. They develop high-quality design and construction documents through hands-on work and coordinate all project issues with consultants, and manage production staff through efficient task delegations and leadership.
- 5+ years of experience in Architecture office (2-3 years minimum preparing construction documents)
- Experience in developing and designing complex & custom details and following them through the construction phase.
- Experience developing, organizing, and exercising quality control over drawings and drawing sets
- Experience with consultant coordination and ability to recognize deficiencies in consultant-provided content .
- Experience conducting material research and meeting vendors to understand materials and products.
- Experience “redlining” drawings and delegating production work while being conscious of project deadlines, fees, and contractual obligations.
- Experience with oversight and mentorship of junior-level staff through completion of submissions.
- Experience organizing and leading site visits and surveys.
DESIRED SKILLS / EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
- Professional degree in Architecture Required (B.Arch or M.Arch)
- Strong communication & organization skills
- Strong time management skills
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- Strong understanding of NYC/NYS codes and NYC zoning regulations
- Strong knowledge of building construction, materials, and systems
- Licensed Architects preferred
- LEED accredited Preferred
- Public sector experience preferred
To apply, e-mail your cover letter, resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Project Architect in the subject line