JAKLITSCH / GARDNER ARCHITECTS is an award-winning, interdisciplinary design practice based in New York City. Our growing and diverse portfolio of work includes residential, commercial and public and institutional projects of varying scales ( < 4,000 SF to > 30,000 SF).
We are currently seeking exceptional applicants for the full-time position of Architect with 7 years of continuous post-graduate experience. The position is a unique opportunity for growth in a small but highly collaborative environment and the right candidate will be working closely with both principals while managing various projects simultaneously. Candidates must possess the following prerequisites for this position:
- Master’s degree in Architecture
- Licensed Architect preferred
- Solid construction document experience with an attention to architectural detailing
- Technical intelligence with regard to building systems
- Excellent leadership ability and high level written and verbal communication skills
- Design ability that is critically thoughtful, conceptually based and process-oriented
- Desire to be involved in all aspects of a project from concept to implementation
- Collaborative yet self-directed; highly motivated, proactive and resourceful
- Full project experience:
- In-house documentation
- Agency approvals (NYC Landmarks & Building Codes)
- Drawing coordination with consultant and specification
- Construction Administration
- Proficient in AutoCad, Revit, Adobe Software and Rhino
- BIM Project Management
- Sustainable & Resilient project design
- LEED Certified project design
Please email cover letter, resume, and work samples in one PDF format not to exceed 7MB to Resume@jaklitschgardner.com
We will only interview candidates who currently reside in the New York City area.
Please limit all correspondence and inquiries to email.