We are looking for a full-time Office Administrator to join our team!
Sorensen Architects, Inc. is a LEED Accredited Architecture, Interior Design, Importing, and General Contracting Firm focused on exceptional designs that help people live better and healthier lives. We are looking to welcome a new team member who is eager to be a part of our creative platform and is passionate about design and new technologies.
Selected candidates must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and believe in being a team- player. They must possess a positive, can-do attitude – no task is too big or too small. A pleasing personality with strong communication skills is highly valued. Strong organizational, project management, and multi-tasking skills are essential to succeeding within this position. All will have the ability to write clearly and are proficient with word processing applications.
This position will support executives and design staff with a variety of administrative needs including: incoming communication and visitor greeting and direction; meeting and event preparation; database and file system organization; basic bookkeeping and project management assignments; and marketing and PR initiatives.
- Perform general office clerk duties and errands
- Receive and properly transfer/ assist all incoming calls and communications
- Receive and greet all guests, clients, and visitors
- Coordinate, schedule, and attend a variety of meetings; prepare and distribute meeting agendas and minutes
- Coordinate and assist with internal and external office events including catering, reservations, travel accommodations, and registration needs
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail and package deliveries
- Manage internal office and project-related filing systems and paperwork
- Maintain professional and organized office common areas
- Coordinate and manage all office maintenance and facilities improvements
- Order, recommend and organize all office supplies; monitor and follow annual budget
- Field a variety of random staff requests including: meeting preparation, errands, troubleshooting, graphics, etc.
- Coordinate general IT functions, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- Provide administrative support to Executives including managing time-sheets, drafting emails, arranging travel, scheduling meetings and maintaining calendars
Finance + Marketing:
- Assist with basic bookkeeping responsibilities
- Create, maintain, and enter information into multiple office software databases
- File and retrieve corporate records, documents, and reports
- Assist with social media campaigns and responses
Client + Project Related:
- Aid in permit processing and consultant coordination for projects
- Assist project teams with meeting preparation, presentations, and client relations management
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to follow and create efficient systems and operational processes and standards.
- A proactive vs. reactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making abilities
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and diverse environment
- Strong multi-tasking abilities and organization skills
- Professional level written and verbal communications skills
- Independent + efficient; ability to work well under limited supervision
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Word/Pages Processing, Excel/Numbers, required
- Experience with QuickBooks and BQE BillQuick software systems a plus; as well as a high aptitude to learn new software as required
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Macintosh experience a plus
- 1-2 years’ experience as an office/executive assistant or related position (please mention relevance within your cover letter)
- Must have a valid driver’s license with required insurance
- Must have current legal documentation and authorization to work in the United States
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and skill level
- Full-time salaried position
- Comprehensive Health + PTO benefits
S|A provides a welcoming and creative work environment where employees are encouraged to engage with the team and grow along with all of us!
Please submit a cover letter and resume with current contact information in PDF format (only). Please make sure to let us know why you are right for the position and want to join our team!
NO CALLS PLEASE [All selected candidates will be contacted directly by S|A.]
Sorensen Architects, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.