BIG (Bjarke Ingels Group) is an international architectural company characterized by an entrepreneurial spirit, true team-work across expertise areas and new ways of approaching conventional tasks.
We have an informal work environment where camaraderie and collegial support are highly valued and where ambition, very high work morale and dedication to being the innovators of our field unify our staff. Our office culture is characterized by creativity, high energy and a strong team spirit. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a cool workplace where we want to be and work continuously at becoming better and better at what we do.
Our headquarters are located outside the US and in 2010 we started an affiliate in New York that today has 190+ employees. We are a company in rapid growth, and as we continue to professionalize and optimize, we are looking for an exceptional Junior Visualization Artist to join our BIG NYC team. You will be working under the supervision of BIG’s Visualization Manager, and in close cooperation with our project design teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contributing high-quality rendered imagery to the visual narrative of projects, in cooperation with and under the direction of project leaders, design staff, and the Visualization Manager
- Production of imagery that effectively communicates design intent to various stakeholders- clients, collaborators, internal stakeholders, and the general public
- Creating renderings and where applicable, animations, from scratch for both Interiors and Exteriors under tight deadlines
- Actively participate in and contribute to the development of visual culture at BIG
- Where applicable, proactively investigate new methods of visualization technology under the direction and supervision of our Visualization Manager and design partners
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts, architecture or related design
- Creative and thoughtful, with a keen eye for aesthetics
- Comfortable collaborating with colleagues at various levels
- Excellent skills in digital 3D modeling
- Strong skills in VRay (modelling, materials, lighting, rendering) and Rhino will be highly advantageous; minimum baseline functionality in Rhino is a requirement
- Experience with the Adobe Suite (Photoshop compositing knowledge/experience)
- Experience in Architectural visualization preferred
- Ability to work within an English-speaking environment at a highly technical and professional level
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of Bongo or Unity / Unreal4 workflow; 3D animation creation and digital film industry experience (advertising, short film), and/or photography is advantageous
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. BIG Architecture D.P.C. is obligated under the law and committed to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified employees and applicants who are disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. BIG Architecture D.P.C. is obligated under the law and committed to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
All suitably qualified applicants should submit their cover letter, resume with references, and portfolio via our jobs portal, located at https://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BIG&cws=1&rid=80 . No calls or hard copies, please.