SALT Landscape Architects is seeking a landscape designer with 3-6 yrs of experience. SALT is a young and ambitious landscape practice, constantly looking for diverse design challenges for our multi-disciplinary studio.
Candidates should be interested in working in a small, nimble, fast-pasted work environment. Work type includes public projects, commercial, institutional, and some high-end residential. Responsibilities will range from concept design through to construction observation.
Interested candidates should have excellent design skills, be self-motivated, self-directed, well organized, possess strong communication skills, be a problem solver, and able to roll with the predictably unpredictable nature of a small office. Candidates should be familiar with landscape construction practices and able to communicate design intent and trouble-shoot with contractors in the field during construction. Applicants should be familiar with Southern California plant material and irrigation strategies.
Please send an email with a brief note of interest, resume, and sample portfolio to:
- 2-4 years in a landscape firm
- Assist with CAD drawings for schematic design through construction documentation
- Site renderings / illustrations
- Materials / code research
- Client / contractor / sub-contractor communication
- Site analysis / evaluation
- Vendor communication
- Planting plans
- Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop
- Word / Excel
- Commensurate with experience