REX is seeking a Marketing and Business Development Manager to work in close partnership with REX’s Principal and Managing Director in New York City.
REX—recently named by Fast Company as one of the World’s Top 10 Innovative Companies in Architecture— is a design-driven, ambitious firm with a high standard of excellence. With an expanding number of cultural, institutional, and commercial projects worldwide, REX is on a growth trajectory enabled by a myriad of progressive and trusting clients.
The Marketing and Business Development Lead will be an exceptional and thoughtful individual who, with the Principal and Managing Director will envision the future state of the studio and devise the strategies and activities needed to guarantee those outcomes. The Lead’s core responsibilities will be the planning and execution of studio PR, marketing, special project, and media efforts as well as leading the studio’s Business Development work. A key outcome of this role will be the co-advancement of a sustainable company with an agenda to challenge and advance architectural and urban development and an objective to do the most intelligent (pushing typologies, innovating new systems, challenging the profession) work in the world.
The right candidate will balance equal parts strategy and implementation and can demonstrate proven success in marketing and business development outcomes within a leading architecture or design firm.
Responsibilities will include:
- Daily collaboration and mentoring with REX’s Marketing Coordinator as well as quality assurance of his/her work
- Acting as the full-cycle point of contact for all new business inquiries and efforts
- Identification and pursuit of new business opportunities (inbound as well as outbound)
- Creation of original writing in support of REX marketing and communication initiatives
- Leading special projects pursuits and initiatives
Applicants must have the following qualifications at a minimum:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years’ experience
- A passion for architecture, the fine arts, and design
- Superb writing and editing skills
- Proven high-standards
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, strong ability to multitask
- Excellent references
- Additional language or translation skills are not a requirement but are a plus
Please apply via Workable
Please note, REX does NOT accept phone calls for application submissions or status inquiries nor do we consider hand-delivered or couriered applications.