BAM’s Beijing office seeks a Lead Designer with strong drawing, presentation, and leadership skills, to take charge of internationally recognized projects, of varying scale, focused on the landscape and public space. The Lead Designer will work on project in all design phases and will draw plans, create renderings, build presentations, present, and coordinate. The Lead Designer should be able to work independently and be able to guide and coach other professionals. The lead designer will report directly to BAM’s partners. Candidates should have experience in leading and mentoring a team and completing extremely high quality work. The Lead Designer will collaborate with consultants and local architects, landscape architects, and Local Design Institute (LDI) to produce a comprehensive design package through intensive coordination work and transparent, well documented, communication. In order to work with BAM the Lead Designer’s skills need to meet all Chinese and Western standards.
- Minimum of 2 years working in China
- Minimum of 7 Years of work Experience
- Experience designing landscape or architecture
- Extensive experience with innovative detailing
- Demonstrated experience at each phase of project from Concept to Construction
- Strong conceptual, graphic, design and drawing talent
- Strong AutoCAD, Rhino, and Adobe Skills
- Understanding of Western and Chinese Project Management
- Periodic on-site observation experience or field observation of work during construction is a plus.
- Knowledge of BAM’s work
- Mandarin Ability is Strong Plus
Please send CV & Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org