Landscape Designer – Technical Focus West 8 New York (3-5 years)
West 8 urban design & landscape architecture, established in 1987, is an international practice with offices in New York and Rotterdam. West 8 New York Inc. is seeking a full-time professional to be a member of design team on all documentation phases for landscape architecural projects from schematic design to construction administration.
- As Landscape Designer (technical focus), you will be responsible for production on landscape projects of varying scales. You will be involved in the technical side of producing drawing sets from Schematic-level design through CD and CA, including drafting, detailing and file management.
- Skilled in grading and planting design, and landscape materiality.
- Familiarity and understanding of construction documents, including those created by West 8 and their subconsultants.
- Experience coordinating with other disciplines, and subconsultants.
- Expert knowledge of of AutoCAD required.
- CA experience desirable.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to manage the workload associated with multiple deadlines and projects. Team player that is excited to collaborate, but is also self-motivated and can work independently.
- Proactive, positive attitude, and able to work under fast-paced and changing conditions.
- Undergraduate degree in landscape architecture preferred. Master’s Degree level applicants are welcomed to apply.
- Fluent in English – written and verbal.
- Permits/Visas to work in USA full time.
Please send your CV and relevant work samples as a single PDF attachment no larger than 10MB to jobsNYC@west8.com. Please be sure to clearly state the position of your Job title to which you are applying in the subject of your email.