Company Overview: ShubinDonaldson is a growing, award-winning design practice, staffed by 50 architects and designers, plus support personnel. Current work includes a diverse listing of commercial projects ranging from entertainment-business studios, creative offices, and retail stores, to community centers and custom residences. See our work at www.shubindonaldson.com
Position Overview: ShubinDonaldson is seeking a Project Architect with 15-20 years of single family residential experience for a full-time position in our Culver City studio.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture required
- 15-20 years of experience in ground up and remodel Single Family Residence is a must
- Proficiency with Revit and AutoCAD is desired
- Must have experience and proven ability to lead project team through due diligence, design phases and construction
- Experience with clients and owner’s representatives needed
- Be able to identify and manage risk issues on projects is a plus
- Will be responsible for the development and management of project budgets, staff projections, development schedules, and work plans
- Must be able to provide thorough and practicable solutions to complex architectural problems using advanced applications of principles, theories, and concepts in the architectural discipline
Benefits: Medical, dental, and long term disability insurance is offered to full-time, permanent employees. SD pays 100% of employee’s insurance! We also offer the opportunity to contribute to our 401k matching plan.
Submission Instructions: Those interested in applying at ShubinDonaldson may submit their requests electronically, noting the following requirements;
- In a single PDF attachment, include a one page cover letter, your resume, and no more than twelve pages illustrating your best work.
- PDF resolution can be optimized for quality screen view, and should benefit your work. Please do not exceed 10MB.
- Format the subject line as ‘[name]- [office & position]- [school]’ and leave the body of the email empty
Career positions are intended to be full time, and all applicants should have a commitment and the ability to work for at least one year.International applicants are responsible for obtaining the required documents and permissions for working within the U.S.. We will be unable to respond personally to each applicant. If you have not been contacted after four months, you are welcome to reapply. No phone calls or walk ins will be accepted.
Submissions and inquires may be made to JOBS@shubindonaldson.com