Reunion is looking for a qualified candidate to join our team to participate in a wide range of hospitality and commercial projects. The Junior Interior Designer acts as the team’s supporting staff member, preparing design presentations and producing its deliverables under the direction and support of the Senior Interior Designer and oversight of the Project Manager.
Successful candidates will be organized, self-motivated, meticulous, and able to function in a fast-paced environment working on multiple projects simultaneously. They express an enthusiasm for learning all aspects of the design process and seeking out new and exciting sources, vendors, and materials. Resourcefulness and the ability to problem-solve effectively are also important qualities for this role.
- Sourcing and vetting of FF&E pieces
- Liaising with vendors regarding pricing and lead times
- Researching materials and maintaining the materials library
- Assisting with the creation of client design presentations
- Creating and tracking working budgets, spec pages, and spreadsheets
- Managing and coordinating the logistics of FF&E installs
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Interior Design or equivalent
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Excel/Numbers, and Adobe Suite. 3D modeling abilities are a plus. Note that we are a Mac-based office.
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience visiting showrooms, communicating with vendors, and sourcing materials/finishes, furniture, and lighting
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and must live in NYC
Interested candidates should submit a resumé and portfolio/work sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no phone calls or walk-ins.