We are a young and growing office in Greenpoint focused on helping our clients get what they need to execute our designs with fidelity.
The position requires 1+ year of experience in a NYC office. Specific requirements include Revit fluency and at least 1 year of experience in construction documentation in a NYC office.
We have a dynamic small studio environment, and the position offers the opportunity to be involved in all phases of interesting and design intensive projects. The work is often fast-paced due to our clientele being mainly developers.
Work scope includes documentation from schematics to CDs, and coordination with consultants, fabricators, and on-site construction personnel.
We’re looking for people who are energetic, pro-active, disciplined, organized, and looking to increase their technical skill and further their professional development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform work on basic segments of projects, including iterative refinement of details under team leaders and in collaboration with project team and consultants
- Contribute to detailed preparation of design documents including construction documents and DOB filing sets
- Contribute to the solution of general architectural problems
- Work with project team members to check and coordinate details and dimensions in drawings and models
- Collaborate across disciplines and trades to ensure well coordinated projects
- Drafting and 3D modeling towards making design documentation
- Eligibility to work in the United States. We are open to potentially sponsoring Visas after an introductory employment period.
- At least 1 year experience in NYC office and professional degree in architecture, or a BS or BA in Architecture
- Ability to consistently, professionally and reliably produce Schematic, DD and Construction Drawings in collaboration with a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Strong 2D and 3D skills including AutoCAD, Rhino, and graphic skills including Adobe Suite
- Revit fluency
- Experience of being part of team putting together sets of drawings
- Strong communication skills
- Strong desire to become a stakeholder in project development – we are looking for people who really like this work and who are eager to see their hand in realized (built) projects
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
We will only respond to qualified applications per the above requirements.
Please submit a resume and portfolio (including construction document and detail samples) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email attachments should not exceed 10MB. The cover letter should be one-page maximum and include your availability, salary requirement, and specific legal authorization to work in the US. The email subject field should read: Junior Designer Position: Your Name.