Based in Los Angeles and New York wHY was founded by Kulapat Yantrasast in 2004 and has established itself in the international design vanguard for completing widely-acclaimed projects that serve the arts, communities, and the environment. The 30+ person practice is structured as an “Ecology of Disciplines”—four workshops focusing on ideas, buildings, grounds and objects—to approach projects from multiple angles resulting in holistic, sustainable designs. Much like we like our projects to be unique, our office is also diverse with a mix of genders, ethnicity, interests and styles. Every person brings an added dimension to the studio environment and we enjoy a truly collaborative working methodology.
We are looking for Junior Designers who have strong design and production skills and a thoughtful, research based approach to design. Specifically, the Los Angeles office is working on a mixed- use development in Watts, the East Palo Alto Youth & Cultural Center, and The Cheech Marin Center as well as other notable galleries, homes and special projects.
Skills and Credentials:
- Ability to work and multi-task in a design intensive, collaborative environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative-Suite (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop)
- AutoCAD experience in work environment is required.
- Excellent 3D rendering/modeling skills – Rhino / V-Ray.
- At least one year experience required (one to three years’ experience preferred)
- Immediate availability preferred.
The position is salaried, commensurate with experience. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. wHY is a participant in the E-verify program.
How to Apply: Please email a link or a PDF including a cover letter, resume and selected work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject heading: position_your name). PDF file should be no larger than 6MB.