We are looking for a Junior Designer with minimum 2-3 years’ experience working in a small/medium sized architectural office and on custom residential and interiors projects. The ideal candidate should be willing and curious to work on all phases of a project and have arts or design interests beyond architecture with a desire to learn within a dynamic office setting. Our projects are primarily custom residential smaller commercial projects in the PNW, CA, MI, and NY. We also design furniture, have a strong focus on interior design, and design installations. Our office is small and highly collaborative – you may be asked to work on several projects at once, on different phases.
This is a full-time position starting mid-April 2019.
- Assist in developing and maintaining architectural drawings using Revit or AutoCAD.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy while balancing multiple priorities at any given time.
- Assist with Presentation and Concept drawings.
- 2+ years full-time working experience on construction documents, especially high-end, single family residential design and light wood frame construction, temporary installations, interiors;
- Must be highly proficient at Free-Hand Sketching, AutoCAD and Revit, Sketchup, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator;
- Organized and detail-oriented;
- Architectural or Environmental Design Degree from an accredited collegiate institution;
- Awareness of residential building codes, standards and procedures would be great;
- Awareness or experience with Passive House concepts and methodologies would be great;
Interested and Qualified Candidates please submit the following in
electronic PDF format to: email@example.com:
Cover letter, Resumé, and Portfolio.
Note that your files may printed at 8 ½” x 11” or 11” x 17” format for review.