[au]workshop | architects+urbanists located in Fort Collins, Colorado is seeking a well-rounded Architectural Intern / Designer to create awesome buildings and places with us. This position includes completing directed architectural assignments on large and small-scale urban projects. We offer competitive salaries, benefit packages, and the opportunity to live and work in downtown Fort Collins, consistently rated one of the best towns in the US. Browse our website to learn more about [au]workshop.
- Perform site analysis, including survey of existing conditions and field measurements
- Working from the design and direction of others, compile data, and perform elementary design computations.
- Understand fundamentals of basic architectural and engineering systems
- Prepare detailed scale drawings of architectural designs and plans
- Create preliminary drawings and modify them as directed by the responsible architect to produce final plans.
- Display working knowledge of building codes and other regulatory requirements
- Perform graphics and computer tasks according to company standards
- Develop detail sketches generated by project leaders
- Research materials and building systems
- Develop and produce parts of the Construction Documents;
- Coordinate with consultants, such as model builders and engineers
- Interpret and apply various building cods
- Provide support to other architects, interior designers, planners
- Perform duties assigned using a wide range of professional software products such as Revit, 3DS Max, Sketch Up, Rhino, Adobe Suite, etc.
- Physical model making skills a plus
- Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture degree
- 0-3 years of experience
- Ability to prepare hand and computer sketches and renderings
- Able to effectively work in a team oriented environment and communicate with the design team
- Check your own work for accuracy and completeness
- Time management to meet project schedules
- Large-scale or international commercial project experience a plus
Submit Resume and portfolio to email@example.com. Submissions without portfolio or link to same will not be considered.