Devino Architects & Associates is currently seeking highly motivated candidate to join our firm. The junior architect acts as the design team’s supporting staff member, producing drawings and presentations under the direction and support of a Project Architect.
This position is a great opportunity for an aspiring architect to start building a career with a chance to gain experience in all phases of an architectural project including knowledge of Jersey City zoning and redevelopment codes, design detailing and consultant/client/city staff correspondence.
- Bachelor of Architecture Degree
- 1- 3 years of professional experience working in a U.S. architecture firm
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Proficient in SketchUp
- Proficient in Bluebeam Revu and/or Adobe Acrobat
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office- Outlook/Word/Excel
- Experience with Photoshop/InDesign
- Must possess an attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills
Responsibilities (all we be under the guidance of a Project Architect):
- Creating Zoning and Planning Board packages
- Construction drawings
- Clerk work during contract administration
- 3D modeling, creating renderings for client and municipal presentations
- Cover letter, resume and portfolio of relevant work (both academic and professional)
- Submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading “Junior Architect – YOUR NAME”