Heitler Houstoun Architects, an award-winning Manhattan based architecture and interior design firm, with a diverse portfolio of Residential, Retail, and Corporate Interior projects is seeking talented and motivated Junior Architects with 0-2 years of professional experience (5-year B. Arch or M. Arch).
Candidates would have exposure to the following project types :
- Retail Urban / Store Front Build Outs – Garments, Beauty, Salon, Fitness
- New Construction – Multi-family Residential – Steel Framed Building Detailing, Steel Modular
- New Construction – Single-family Residential – Wood Frame Construction, Detailing, Permit Approval Process
- Interior Renovation – Residential – Light Gauge Steel Stud Detailing
- Interior Renovation – Commercial – Office, Academic Space
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following personal skills:
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a highly creative and disciplined environment through strong communication, organizational and collaborative skills, including an ability to manage internal and external deadlines through personal time management.
- Define and solve complex problems, complete tasks accurately with a strong attention to detail.
- Show an interest in sustainability and client satisfaction.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a dynamic team in a fast-paced and rigorous environment.
- Self-motivated, well organized, and able to execute projects with little supervision
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
Candidates should demonstrate expertise in the following technical skills:
- Hand drawing, sketching, and color rendering abilities to express creative ideas or technical details
- Post production with Photoshop rendering/material mapping and In-Design presentation preparation
- Production: AutoCAD, Google Sketch-up, V-Ray, (Revit experience a plus).
- Presentation and Communication: Powerpoint, In-Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Outlook.
- Organizational: Microsoft Project, Excel.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and at least five (5) work samples (5 MB maximum) of the candidate’s academic and professional technical and design experience (with a strong emphasis on construction document organization and preparation) in a bound PDF (no multiple files, please).
HHA offers full-time employees an industry leading benefits package. Compensation commensurate with experience and will be within the range of a 0-2 year position.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Junior Architect” (only) in the Subject heading.