Luay Bahoora Architects is an emerging architecture firm located in New York City. The practice builds upon over 20 years of professional experience in a wide range of domestic and international private and public work, including high-end residential, retail, cultural and civic projects. The firm approaches the creative design process as a research-based, collaborative, and interdisciplinary venture that aspires to create architecture of the highest quality that is characterized by simplicity of form, clarity of space, quality of light, and richness of material.
Luay Bahoora Architects has a job opening for a Junior Architect. The position is open to motivated candidates with the ability to successfully execute projects from schematic design through construction completion. The following qualifications are required:
- Professional architectural degree from an accredited institution;
- Prior work experience in an architecture firm with direct experience working in schematic design, design development, and construction document phases.
- Ability and desire to work in a design intensive and collaborative environment;
- Proficiency with developing drawing sets from schematics through construction documents. This requires a solid understanding of drawing conventions, technical accuracy, as well as the ability to creatively solve construction problems;
- Proficiency with AutoCAD;
- Adobe Creative Suite (ie, Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator);
- Proficiency with 3D modelling & rendering software (Sketchup, Rhino, VRay) is required;
- Strong verbal and graphic communication skills;
- Currently living in the New York City area. Must be authorized to work in the US without need for employee sponsorship.
For consideration, please forward resume, cover letter and work samples in PDF format to email@example.com. Please reference “Junior Architect” in the subject line. No phone calls please.