RGA Office of Architectural Design is a regional leader in Architectural Design for new industrial warehouse, distribution, and E-commerce buildings in Southern California. Our client base includes regional / national / international developers, institutional portfolio investors, and Fortune 100 companies. In total RGA has completed over 150 million square feet of vertical development and planned tens of millions more. We have several LEED Certified professionals and have completed over 50 LEED Certified buildings. RGA is looking to add another member to our team. As a firm we value a high level of Principal involvement in all projects, and hands on contributions by all team members. We are a small size firm, and as such all of our team members are simultaneously involved in several projects, in different phases, at any given time. This position offers the opportunity to be involved in numerous fast moving projects and has excellent growth opportunity for those with the aptitude to develop their design and project management skills. The position is full time with competitive salary and benefits package including 401k. Our location is central to Orange County near the Irvine Spectrum. RGA is not considering any telecommuting positions at this time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist Project Managers and Principals with CAD / BIM production on new construction and interior TI projects.
- Communicate with project consultants (Struct / MEP) regarding design coordination aspects and project schedule requirements.
- Assist or take a lead role in city approvals, including responding to plan check comments and coordinating submittals to city agencies. This will include driving to the various agencies in LA County and the Inland Empire to submit drawing packages as needed to obtain permits.
- Assist Project Managers in design tasks – including developing design concepts for both ground up projects (building elevations) and interiors projects (space planning).
Qualifications and Skills
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in architecture is preferred, and minimum of one to two years professional work experience in an architecture or related office. Related design degree may be considered.
- Must be proficient in CAD drafting and have experience with production of construction drawings.
- Autodesk Revit experience / knowledge is a plus.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, email software / management.
- Must have at least basic knowledge of the IBC / CBC building codes and current disabled access (ADA) compliance requirements.
- Working knowledge or experience with concrete tilt-up construction is a plus.
- Working knowledge of industry standard interior TI elements is a plus.
- Must have good teamwork, communication, and organizational skills.
- Full paid medical, with option to purchase dental, vision, or other benefits through our provider network.
- Paid vacation / sick time.
- 401k w/ employer match (after initial vesting period).
Job Type: Full-time