Y&M has developed a widespread practice in market-rate, government-subsidized, and affordable family and senior housing projects completing over 11,000 units. Y&M Architects is focused on designing efficient, human-friendly, and sustainable multi-unit housing. We have an immediate opening for a Job Captain in our downtown Los Angeles office.
- Prepare presentation drawings including colored elevations, color boards, and renderings
- Coordinate office materials library
- Assist in preparation of entitlement packages
- Prepare construction documents and coordinate with consultants
- Assist with construction administration duties including RFI’s, submittals, etc.
- Review shop drawings and material samples for conformance with design
- Minimum 2 years of experience in affordable, mixed-use, and high-density residential architecture
- Strong understanding of CBC, disabled access requirements, and consultant drawings
- Proficient in all drafting techniques and understanding of working drawings
- Knowledge of code and building systems
- Proficiency using AutoCAD and Revit (recent release)
- Working knowledge of graphics software, specifically SketchUp and Photoshop
- Skilled at multitasking and working in a team environment
For consideration, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Job Captain”. (10MB Limit)
Y&M Architects is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
Please do not call regarding this posting. We will only contact applicants that we may consider for this position.