Hughesumbanhowar architects is a full service practice with design studios in South Florida and Los Angeles. We create projects, buildings and objects for discriminating and engaged clients. The work we do is a reflection of our focus on craft, form and building technology in relation to our contemporary condition. We are seeking a Summer Intern for work on the production of design presentations, models, construction drawings, product research, and office duties. Candidate must be able to take direction, have a proactive and enthusiastic attitude, and work independently within a small-scale practice.
Internship period: 3-6 months available now
Qualified candidates will have:
- Architectural degree in progress or recently completed (graduate)
- Design & problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Archicad or AutoCAD, Rhino, & Adobe Creative Suite software skills in Mac environment
- Experience with the production of construction documents a plus
- Basic knowledge of construction materials
Office is located 200 feet from Venice Beach.
Compensation will be a stipend, commensurate with experience of the applicant. No visa sponsorship available.
Please send resume and work samples as one pdf (no larger than 5mb) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Summer Intern/2019”. Please no linked portfolios, phone calls, or hard copy applications.