INTERMEDIATE/SENIOR HOSPITALITY DESIGNER
Workshop/APD is a design firm specializing in luxury home design, hospitality design, and high-end commercial development. We actively leverage our experience to solve design challenges with innovative solutions that incorporate modern ideals/methods toward a signature aesthetic.
We are currently seeking both a full-time Senior and Intermediate Designer with 5 and no less than 3 years’ previous experience respectively in the Architecture/Interior Design industry with a particular emphasis on hotel and restaurant design. (Residential design experience is a plus but not required.)
The candidate should have strong design experience on real hospitality projects (not schoolwork) where he/she was involved in all phases of the design process and can demonstrate creative involvement. Candidates must have high level digital modelling and rendering skills. The ideal candidate would be a gifted designer who is organized and able to vision and manage parts of a project.
This position is instrumental in concepting and executing projects and will report to the Design Director.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and management of hospitality projects (with hotel and restaurant experience)
- Involvement in all phases of design/documentation; from concept through construction administration
- Computer modeling and rendering
- FF&E Specification
Requirements & Qualifications
- Professional Degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture)
- Minimum of 5 years’ design experience (3 years for the Intermediate position)
- A creative individual who can develop hospitality concepts and bring them to life:
- Explain design intent with images and sketches
- Create presentations with Adobe programs
- Interior Space Planning
- 3-D Modeling and Renderings skills in: Studio Max, Rhino, or Sketch-Up
- Millwork and Interior Detailing
- Create construction documents in Autocad and/or Revit
- Ability to work well in a team
- Good Communication skills
- Attention to Detail
Workshop/APD offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, matched 401(k) plan, short and long term disability, education reimbursement program, performance bonus, and personal time off (vacation, sick leave, holidays, and personal days). Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume and work samples/portfolio to email@example.com. Applications without work samples/portfolio are not eligible for further consideration. Please no phone calls and/or office visits.