Heitler Houstoun Architects, an award-winning Manhattan based architecture and interiors firm, with a diverse portfolio of residential, retail and corporate interior projects is seeking a talented and motivated Intermediate Interior Designer with 3-6 years of professional, post graduate experience and a professional Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Interior Design
The ideal candidate for this position has worked for several years under the guidance of a talented Senior Interior Designer and is ready and able to take over, develop and lead HHA’s Interior Design department. The candidate must be capable of assisting senior architectural designers with the development of design solutions, researching of finishes, textiles, fixtures, furniture, maintaining resource materials, developing material transition details, and performing site surveys. Candidates should have prior exposure to interior design specifications and industry standards and actively maintain vendor relationships.
Candidates should be prepared to demonstrate experience in any of the following project types:
- Retail – Apparel, Beauty, Fitness, and Salon
- Residential – Single-family Residential, Multi-family Residential
- Commercial – Office, Academic Space
- Hospitality – Restaurants and/or Hotel
Candidates should demonstrate the following personal skills:
- Work efficiently and effectively in a highly creative and disciplined environment through strong communication, organizational and collaborative skills
- Manage internal and external deadlines through personal time management.
- Define and solve complex problems, complete tasks accurately with a strong attention to detail.
- Show an interest in sustainability and aspire for a high level of client satisfaction.
- Ability to consistently meet project deadlines.
Candidates should demonstrate the following design skills:
- Knowledge of current design, product, and furniture trends and styles.
- Develop, maintain, and leverage consultant, supplier, and vendor relationships.
- Proficiency in basic interior design services such as space planning, curating color stories and furniture, fixture, finish and product specification.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate concepts to clients and associates using various presentation techniques and media.
- Ability to balance material selections within a wide range of project budgets.
Candidates should demonstrate the following technical skills:
- Proficiency in AutoCad, SketchUp and 3D rendering software such as V-ray.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design, and Bridge.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project)
- High level of graphic communication skills such as hand-sketching case work and furniture, vignettes, hand coloring, computer rendering, post production texture mapping, interior drawings and area take-offs.
- Experience preparing purchase orders, scheduling deliveries, and managing suppliers and vendors.
- NCIDQ is a plus.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and at least five (5) work samples (8 MB maximum) of the candidate’s professional design experience (with a strong emphasis on material and furniture presentation) in a bound PDF (no multiple files, please).
HHA offers full-time employees an industry leading benefits package. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Intermediate Interior Designer” (only) in the Subject heading.