We have an immediate opening for an Intermediate Designer at our award-winning architecture studio in Dumbo, Brooklyn.
We offer an intense but casual, design-driven work environment. Internationally recognized for design excellence, innovative sustainability and social justice, the firm undertakes projects with a variety of scales and programs.
This is an exciting career opportunity for talented individuals who want to contribute to projects that strive for the highest standards in terms of design quality and innovation and who thrive in a fast paced and dynamic collaborative work environment. You will not be pigeon-holed into one role within the office, and your soul will remain safely yours and will not be sucked into the corporate abyss.
Visa sponsorship may be available for international candidates who are already living in the United States.
This is a DESIGN and project management position, and you must have an exceptionally strong portfolio.
Responsibilities will include all aspects of design, and project management, including conceptual design, design development, critical path scheduling, overseeing construction document preparation, handling sub consultants, and liaising with the client.
Applicants must hold a professional architecture degree (M. Arch preferred) and must have 3-5 years experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Public Sector / Institutional Design
- Residential design
- Retail design
- Commercial new construction
The ideal candidate will demonstrate exceptional design skills as well as solid project management experience.
- You must have a minimum of 3 years professional (post-graduate) working experience.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- CAD and Revit/BIM proficiency.
- Advanced 3-d design and rendering proficiency.
- Professional B. Arch degree minimum, M. Arch preferred.
- You must have an exuberant love of technology, prototyping, tinkering and be very hands-on.
- You are well organized, motivated, and resourceful and can handle stressful sink or swim situations.
- Must be available to start within 4 weeks.
- Sunny, comfortable office with plenty of room to work.
- Sane and reasonable hours.
- Three weeks of vacation, plus sick time etc.
- Paid Passive House Designer training.
- Sustainable / Passive House design experience.
- Strong graphic design skills.
- Complete Adobe proficiency (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign).
- Project Management experience.
- Professional photography experience.
- CSS, HTML, Drupal or WordPress experience.
Qualified candidates should submit the following as a single PDF file, no more than 10MB:
- Cover Letter with Contact Info
- Three Professional References
- Availability Start Date
- Requested Compensation