Spacesmith is seeking a talented and self-motivated candidate for a key position as an Intermediate Architectural Designer. We are a group of dynamic professionals who foster a vibrant and creative culture with opportunity for professional growth, involvement in varied project types and phases of the design process.
The ideal candidate will have experience with various building types and stages of design and development. He/she will also have good management and organization skills combined with a high level of design and technical ability. The position requires the ability to communicate efficiently and collaborate in an interdisciplinary, deadline-driven atmosphere. He/she must be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, be a self-starter and acknowledge when additional input is needed.
- Design documentation and execution of documents from Programming Reports to Schematic Design through Contract Documents.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit
- 3D rendering skills
- Adobe Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop proficiency
- FF&E experience
- Preparation, layout and production of reports and presentations
- Previous consultant coordination experience a plus
- Professional degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- 3-8 years of experience in all phases of design, from schematic through construction administration, experience in commercial interior design required.
- Strong organizational, collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and collaborate in-house and with consultants
- Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word, AutoCAD, Revit and other necessary technical tools for the project
- US citizen with proficiency in the English language
If your experience is commensurate with the requirements listed above and you are interested in being considered for this full time position, please send a cover letter describing your experience and how it applies to this job, a copy of your resume and your portfolio (one pdf no larger than 6 MB) showing your work experience to Diane McDonald at email@example.com Please name your file as follows: