JOB DESCRIPTION: Martyn Lawrence Bullard Design is seeking a motivated Architect/Designer with 4-7 years of experience in quality commercial and high end residential projects as an addition to our team. MLB specializes in high end residential, diverse range of commercial projects such as hotels, spas, restaurants, bars and a wide variety of diverse new projects.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: We are seeking a talented individual with the ability to work both independently in a self-directed manner as well as collaboratively within a project team. Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in conceptual design, design presentation, construction documentation and construction administration. Strong graphic, organization and communication skills are essential. Proficiency with developing construction documents and experience in AutoCAD are required. 3D modeling skills in SketchUp and Rhino are preferred. Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture. Candidates must be U.S. Citizens or have permanent residence status.
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: Interested candidates who meet the above requirements may email their 1 page resume and up to 15 page portfolio with your name, graduating school, and “LA Designer” in the subject line to email@example.com
Do not include text in the body of the email. Please send PDF-format files only, 5MB maximum. No phone calls will be accepted. Submissions that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered for the position
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- 4+ years of experience
- Ability to work with a lead Designer/Architect to complete and augment an overall design direction and construction documents.
- Construction documents and specification experience is desired, but not required. A desire to learn this aspect of architectural design is a must.
- Experience in commercial and/or retail design is preferred.
- Ability to self-start and work with team in a unique, small office environment will be paramount to success.
- Strong technical skills including experience and knowledge in building codes and standards.
- Knowledge of Sketchup, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign are preferred.
- Proficiency of AutoCad is required.
- Candidates with 4 or more years of ArchiCAD experience shall be given preference.
- Experience in commercial and high end residential is a must.
- Prepares and ensures the accuracy of technical and design documents
- Produces technical and customized interior details.
- Participates in the construction administration of project assignments, including quality control, RFI process, submittals, coordination, etc..
- Works with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers and owner’s representatives to meet overall project objectives.