In your capacity as an Intermediate Architect, you will:
- Work with and support senior architects on the development of projects
- Prepare client presentation materials, design development documentation, construction documentation, contract administration and Authority submissions on a wide variety of projects under guidance from senior architects
- Assemble construction drawing sets in REVIT, including: site plans, floor plans, elevations, building sections, wall details, etc.
- Attend team meetings as necessary to coordinate drawings, and provide information as required.
- Work with current design techniques, building systems, and keeps current with design trends, code changes, and developments to sustain and improve technical and design skills.
- Coordinate plans and specifications with project consultants
- Ensure outputs meet the required quality expectations and agreed upon deadlines.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Completion of five or six-year architectural degree program or Master in Architecture program
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience with large-scale commercial, mixed-use, high-rise residential and institutional projects
- Proven abilities in the production of meticulous architectural documents through all stages of a project’s lifespan — from schematic design through to construction administration with focus on CD/CA
- High level of proficiency in current versions of Revit, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office
- Well-versed in New York Building Code
- Strong knowledge of building technology, construction techniques, related engineering principles, sustainability strategies, building codes, and assembly of construction drawing sets.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- Design and problem-solving skills as well as an appreciation of, and sensitivity to, architectural design intent
- Positive attitude coupled with strong work ethic
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Have a strong technical understanding of how to assemble landmarks projects
- Demonstrate commitment to the multidisciplinary project development process and team-focused environment
- Have the ability to work in a collaborative environment, producing exemplary work on a daily basis.
A two-hour Revit Assessment will be given to those chosen for an interview.
Please email resumes to Brianne Dempsey at: BDempsey@adamson-associates.com