We are seeking a collaborative team player who is dedicated, and passionate about workplace design, with strong design and problem solving skills for opportunities as an Interior Designer/Space Planner. The candidate will support project teams, rapidly produce test fits and space plans, and provide programming, data mining/analysis, reporting and interpretation of space planning metrics in an effort to provide recommendations and proposed solutions for a client’s occupancy needs and strategic workplace requirements. Additionally Interior designers are responsible for developing, design aspects of the project. They work closely with the project manager, Design Lead, and project teams on conceptual designs, presentations, and design development. Interior Designers must be responsible for project deliverables, meeting overall project design schedules, as well as preparing and presenting design presentations.
- Analyzes space requirements and provides test fits, conceptual space plans, and recommendations to design team(s) and/or stake holders; prepares block & stack scenarios and growth strategies.
- Produces drawings and presentations for stakeholder(s) and client facing meetings (Workplace Managers, Business Unit Directors, Leadership, etc.) for review and feedback.
- Responsible to coordinate with client groups to gain business intelligence.
- Gathers occupancy data, perform space walks and observation for validation of occupancy metrics.
- Attends client meetings and conducts interviews to collect requirements, presents findings and recommendations.
- Maintains strong knowledge of systems furniture and furniture product applications
- Ability to effectively communicate intent, plans, status, issues, alternatives, solutions, and to resolve conflicts
- Collaborate with design team to meet functional, aesthetic and budgetary requirements
- Field verify space dimensions, conditions and when applicable, existing furniture inventory.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from 4-year College or university in interior design is required, a Bachelor’s of Architecture or Master’s Degree a plus.
- 5 – 10 years’ experience directly related to the delivery of strategic planning services.
- Professional Registration in Architecture or Interior Design preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, desktop publishing, REVIT, AutoCAD/CAFM software including MS Office Suite (MS Project, PowerPoint, & Excel).
- Ability to provide efficient, timely and reliable service to client(s).
- Ability to present information in an effective way.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Ability to collaborate, problem solve and multi-task.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly when necessary.
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, send your cover letter, resume, portfolio and salary history as one file (Adobe PDF preferred but Word is acceptable) to PERecruiter@perkinseastman.com with “Interior Designer/Space Planner – Stamford – Your Name” in the subject line. Please provide the website source. No phone calls please.
Perkins Eastman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the Federal E-Verify program. EOE/M/F/D/V