We are seeking a collaborative team player who is dedicated, and passionate about design, with strong design process, problem solving, and leadership skills for immediate opportunities as an Interior Designer. This position requires the candidates to lead clients and design teams on Corporate Interiors projects of varying sizes and complexity from Programming/Pre-Design/Concept through Construction Documents. The practice is varied and in addition to Corporate Interiors will offer design opportunities in multiple practice areas including Residential, Education, Healthcare, Corporate and Mixed Use. The approach is Client Centric and user focused and the must possess the ability to react to a number of design styles and their methods of delivery.
- Interior Designer will be responsible for Programming, Planning, Strategy Implementation, Restacking, Phasing, and Test Fits.
- Lead the design team on projects from the Pre-Design Phase through Construction Documents.
- Prepare programming, analysis, conceptual and schematic design concepts, project layouts and develop designs using Revit or other modeling software.
- Perform design computations, research product specifications, compile project data, phase reports, and other miscellaneous architectural assignments.
- Review proposed designs for compliance with applicable codes.
- Prepare finish material sample boards, physical models and graphic presentations for client approval.
- Assist with preparation of construction drawings and construction detailing for contractors and assist in the construction administration phase.
- Master or Bachelor Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or equivalent
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant Corporate Interiors project experience
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of furniture lines and FF&E specification
- Ability to develop, communicate and present design concepts to their team
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Proficiency with Revit and AutoCAD is required. Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Max, Sketch-up, InDesign and other related design software
- NCIDQ accreditation is preferred
- LEED accreditation is a plus
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, send your cover letter, resume and salary history as one file (Adobe PDF preferred but Word is acceptable) to PERecruiter@perkinseastman.com with “Interior Designer I – Corporate Interiors – STA – Your Name” in the subject line. Please provide the website source. No phone calls please.
Perkins Eastman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the Federal E-Verify program. EOE/M/F/D/V