LMN Architects is currently seeking outstanding candidates for the position of Interior Designer. Candidates should be passionate about interior design, have a strong design sensibility and appreciate the process of articulating design through visualization and materiality.
- Participate in interior and interior architectural design efforts on all project types.
- Conceptualize and describe design ideas through 3D visualization and hand sketching.
- Develop space plans and programming documentation.
- Participate in the preparation of design and construction documents and generate detailed solutions to interior architectural problems.
- Interface with owners, contractors, and consultants.
- Organize and prioritize own work efforts.
- Review shop drawings and submittals, respond to RFI’s.
- Contribute to team effort through the spirit of collaboration.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in interior design, architecture, or comparable field.
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in a firm focusing on similar market sectors.
- Strong conceptual thinking and 3D visualization skills with use of programs such as Rhino, Revit and Photoshop.
- LEED certification is desirable as well as demonstration of a strong understanding of sustainable design, awareness of the WELL standard.
Proficient with finish materials, specifications, furniture and interior details.
Knowledge of building codes and building systems.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize while performing on multiple simultaneous projects.
LMN is an internationally recognized design practice made up of architects, interior designers and planners passionate about design and dedicated to collaboration. We are a single office of 150 people located in Seattle. Our focus is on creating buildings and places that enrich communities and the public realm across a diversity of project types—including education, convention centers, performing arts, commercial mixed-use, high-rise residential and transit facilities. In recognition of the quality of our work and professional leadership, LMN received the 2016 AIA Architecture Firm Award, the highest national honor bestowed upon an architectural practice. More information on LMN is available on our website at www.lmnarchitects.com.
Qualified candidates should submit a single .pdf (less than 12MB) including a cover letter, resume and sample portfolio via email to LMNemployment@lmnarchitects.com. Please include your name and “Interior Designer” in the subject line.