Selldorf Architects is an international architecture and interior design firm based in Union Square, New York City. The firm’s portfolio encompasses a wide range of projects from high-end residential to museums and galleries and at scales from new construction to historic renovation. The firm is currently seeking an Interior Designer for full time employment.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related discipline
- 5-8 years of Interior Design experience
- A self-starter capable of initiating design schemes for review with partners
- A design sensibility commensurate with the development of sophisticated interior spaces as evidenced in the firm’s portfolio
- Reasonable knowledge and appreciation of art history, architecture and decorative arts
- Knowledge of quality furniture and its value
- Experience with antiques and vintage furnishings as well as contemporary pieces
- Experience in leading design teams within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to prepare furniture plans and detailed custom furniture drawings
- Ability to produce and deliver high quality presentations
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to develop and maintain furnishings budget, prepare and track orders
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both orally and in writing.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and precision and with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- AutoCAD and Adobe Suite proficiency required, experience with Rhino and Revit a plus
Interested qualified candidates can send their resume and work portfolio in PDF format not to exceed 3MB with “Interior Designer” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org . Mailed resumes and calls will not be considered.