SOM, one of the most influential design firms in the world, is seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence. Join our collaborative design practice as an Interior Architectural Professional for the opportunity to build a strong and thriving career.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborate on interiors projects, including programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, and design development
- Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents Develop Schematic and Design Development presentations Participate in selection of furniture systems and specifications
- Provide project team coordination for the finished plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction
- Coordinate with Building Architectural Design team, working inside out and outside in to right size a building interior floor plate to efficient space planning.
- Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
- Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and finish samples Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs
Desired skills and expertise:
- Three years of related experience as an interior designer with a strong background in corporate interiors
- Completion of five or six-year architectural degree program.
- Minimum Bachelors degree in interior architecture or architecture.
- Intermediate to advanced Revit competence. Create 3D views and renderings.
- Strong knowledge of the design process, including FF&E, furniture systems and specifications, color and materials
- Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp and 3-D Studio Max preferred Outstanding graphic presentation skills
- Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple projects in various stages of development
- Excellent communication skills, team oriented, self-initiator, responsible, and highly motivated individual.
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and other work/life plans.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and work samples at www.som.com/careers under the San Francisco – Interior Architectural Professional requisition.