YOU COULD BE ONE OF THE MAGIC MAKERS.
Ken Fulk Inc. is seeking an Interior Architect with a minimum of 6 years of professional experience for our San Francisco studio.
WHAT THE FULK?
We are a creative team of fearless, hard-working designers, artists, architects and branding specialists.
We are the programmers of our clients’ experiences, creating custom homes, hotels, restaurants, and private celebrations that are designed to share an impeccable sense of style.
At our best, we conceive magical ideas and bring them to life (seemingly) with ease.
At our least, we design extraordinary spaces that amuse and inspire.
Every day, we work very hard to tell meaningful stories through our art and design.
ARE YOU ONE OF US?
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Architecture
- At least six years of experience working at a design firm
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD and Adobe CS
- Ability to create a set of construction drawings, specifications and schedule
- Ability to create and manage Excel spreadsheets
- Knowledge of SketchUp or any 3D rendering program is a plus
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects and with various design teams at once
- Excellent presentation skills, including space planning and drawing
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Hospitality experience is a plus
- Formulate preliminary space plans and 2D and 3D design concept studies and sketches that integrate the client’s needs and are based on knowledge of the principles of interior design and interior architecture
- Oversee the implementation of interior design solutions for each project from concept stage through installation
- Research and analysis of the client’s goals and requirements; and development of documents, drawings and diagrams that outline those needs. Ability to interact effectively with the design team on multiple projects.
- Confirm that preliminary space plans and design concepts are safe, functional, aesthetically appropriate, and meet applicable building codes.
- Prepare specifications and schedules with accurate product information for all furniture, plumbing, appliances, lighting and finishes.
- Prepare construction documents, consisting of plans, elevations, details and specifications, power and communications locations; reflected ceiling plans and lighting designs; materials and finishes; and furniture layouts. Ability to field measure and document existing building conditions.
- Coordination and collaboration with other design professionals who may be retained to provide consulting services, including but not limited to architects, structural, mechanical and electrical engineers, and various specialty consultants.
- Sourcing and specification of materials
- Research and create visual presentations
- Specification writing
- Maintaining vendor relationships
Position is full time and based in San Francisco. Compensation based on experience. Ken Fulk Inc. offers health insurance, matching 401k, vacation and sick time.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send cover letter, resume and portfolio by e-mail in PDF format no larger than 10MB total to email@example.com with “Interior Architect” in the subject line.