Head of BIM + Design Technologies
Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates (KPF), an international architectural practice headquartered in New York City is seeking a BIM + Design Technologies Manager in New York to manage and lead the application of Digital and BIM-related technologies and their integration with KPF’s design and digital processes. This position requires extensive experience in BIM concepts and related technologies, Design/Parametric Modeling technologies and Digital Fabrication – applications such as Revit, Dynamo, Flux, Grasshopper, Enscape, Navisworks, and others – and their application to the design, construction and fabrication phases of large, global and complex projects.
We seek an individual with strong expertise and interest in all aspects of AEC design technologies, and with aspirations to be leaders in the industry. The highest level of quality and innovation are the objectives with a focus on digital business integration through Design and BIM technologies and their implementation, optimization and interoperability. 6-10 years of related experience including team management is strongly preferred.
The position requires direct interaction and communication with architectural teams, including leading training sessions and best practice implementation. Regular interaction with senior KPF management staff in all aspects of digital integration and strategy will be expected. Collaboration with offices in London, Hong Kong and Shanghai are an important aspect of the position, as is periodic travel.
Selected responsibilities include:
- Optimizing Design and BIM technologies and their integration into KPF’s design practice
- Work with project teams directly for support and customization
- Scripting and API customization for BIM tools;
- Customization and interoperability of BIM-related applications (Navisworks, Dynamo);
- Training Revit, Dynamo for project teams and senior-level staff
- Expand Standards and Best Practices
- Working knowledge of sustainability applications
- Integrate visualization processes with the Revit model (Enscape, Cl3ver);
- Automate and streamline workflow through application customization
- Integration of modeling platforms (Rhino, GH, MAX) with BIM technologies
- Research, develop and evaluation new technologies to support KPF’s design process
- Fabrication and rapid prototyping technologies both at the design scale and construction scale
- Progressing KPF’s parametric and rule-based approaches to advanced 3D design modeling
- Developing digital tools and construction-phase technologies – 4D, 5D and digital model coordination
- Interaction with senior KPF staff on the topic of applying digital practices at KPF
- Regular communication and collaboration with external teams and clients contacts
- Represent KPF publically on panels and various symposia
Please forward your CV and appropriate support materials to our HR Department: Careers-NY@kpf.com with the heading: ‘Head of BIM and Design Technologies’