A+I is an award winning, design driven architectural firm offering a highly creative, highly collaborative work environment. We specialize in designing innovative work environments, retail spaces, and base building revitalizations. We are looking for an ambitious young designer who loves to tell compelling stories about architectural experiences.
The graphic designer will join our team of designers focused on Design Communications working on identity design, environmental graphics and pop-up installations. We’re looking for more than just sharp technical skills; we want candidates who are active participants in the global design community. Knowing what’s cool is just as important as knowing how to produce it.
- Concept development, design iterations according to concept principles
- Topical research including culturally relevant design precedents and qualitative market research
- Assistance to the Director of Design Communications with Focus Groups and Workshops
- Design content preparation in presentation form for weekly meetings
- Coordination with vendors for materials samples
- Production oversight of print materials (books, marketing material, environmental graphics)
- Collaboration with team members on the execution of built installations
- 3-5 years of experience working as a graphic designer in a design firm—architecture, interiors, graphic design, or branding.
- Ability to think critically about good design and communicate clearly in visual, verbal, and written form.
- Ability to demonstrate clarity through graphics. (Portfolio!)
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign)
- Proficiency with video editing software (Premier, Final Cut Pro, or similar) a plus
- Proficiency with web development, CSS code injections and motion graphics a plus
- Excellent English language communication skills
- Legally eligible to work in the United States, without need for employee sponsorship
Please submit resume and work samples in a single PDF to email@example.com. Limit submissions to a maximum 8 MB file size. Please describe your role in the work. Special consideration will be given to candidates who write well and enjoy snacks. No phone calls, please.