Rexford Industrial Realty (NYSE: REXR) is seeking a motivated and highly collaborative Marketing Communications Designer to support our growing marketing team in Los Angeles. REXR is a growing real estate broker specializing in the acquisitions, leasing and management of industrial real estate in Southern California. The goal of REXR marketing team is to support the growth of new client relationships and project pursuits. This requires strategic thinking, an understanding of the market, and the ability to interpret Rexford’s brand, past experience, and future strategies in a variety of ways.
The Graphic Designer will work closely with the marketing team on new business pursuits, and will be responsible for the design quality of deliverables ranging from proposals and qualifying statements to presentations, information graphics, brochures, email, website, digital media and specialty projects. Qualified candidates will possess experience in creating graphics that are clean and compelling, and will have an understanding of working within corporate brand standards and templates to deliver quality results.
The will work closely with the Marketing Manager and share “best practices” with the entire marketing team.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 4-7 years relevant experience as a graphic designer in a corporate communications/marketing group.
- Advanced proficiency in the following software/programming is required: Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat, and Microsoft Office. Must be able to create color overlay mock ups, transform images through manipulation and correct imperfections.
- Architecture, Design, Real Estate or Creative/ Professional Services industry experience required. Genuine curiosity and an appreciation of architecture is highly desired.
- High comfort level working in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of print production and vendor management.
- Strong information design skills; experience with research-based content.
- Ability to design collateral for interactive/ web-based use.
- Familiarity with CRM programs (Hubspot) to track, monitor, analyze and report on engagement with marketing channel activities/campaigns, including email, website traffic, social media, broker events, etc.
- Storytelling aptitude—the ability to craft raw ideas into compelling messages, and synthesize complex and large amounts of information into cohesive presentations and other deliverables.
- Understanding of and experience in corporate branding, layout, color theory and typography in both digital and print media.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work well with a wide range of internal clients.
- Solid writing skills and the ability to communicate with grammatical accuracy in written English are essential.
- Proficiency in Flash, After Effects, iMovie, Premiere, or Final Cut is highly desired, but not required.
Rexford Industrial’s compensation and benefits plan includes; highly competitive base salaries, bonus eligibility for many positions, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, additional PTO and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong table, massage chairs, TVs and beautiful offices with 360 degree views of the ocean, mountains and city!
ADA Requirements: The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to feel, handle, or type; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move or carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Additionally, employee may be required to drive to a property, walk on uneven ground, walk through a construction site, be exposed to dust or fumes and work around machinery or equipment.