Heintges is an award-winning firm of 40 architects and engineers, committed to the design and realization of building enclosures envisioned by the world’s most renowned architects. Each member of our team is personally mentored in all aspects of developing these ambitious designs. From concept design through construction, Heintges professionals are trained to be experts through immersion in the art, science, and engineering of this most visible part of any project. We maintain a broad portfolio of diverse projects worldwide including art installations, cultural centers, mixed-use developments, and “supertall” towers.
Developing expertise in our office is a shared and open experience, encouraging both individual and firm-wide development. The products of this initiative take many forms and range in scale from attending or presenting at national and international conferences, to discussing in-house research and development of innovative façade systems and materials, to brainstorming during regular office happy hours. Regardless of position, we are proud that every individual contributes to our supportive office culture with curiosity, openness, and rigor.
Our New York City office has an opening for a candidate whose professional experience in architecture or engineering has sparked a desire to pursue expertise in facades. We are looking for someone whose interests and qualifications include the following:
- Excited by the process of getting buildings built.
- Naturally gravitates towards technical aspects of design.
- Interested in the research and development of building envelope materials and systems.
- Excellent communication, drawing, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented, patient, and flexible.
- Values personal and professional development.
- Confident communicating through hand sketches and computer drafting.
- Interested in working in the field, observing installation on construction sites.
- Interested in occasional domestic and/or international travel.
- Professional degree in Architecture or Engineering.
- 1-3 years of work experience in a professional architecture or engineering firm.
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Revit, and 3D visualization software.
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. is required. No visas will be sponsored at this time.
Responsibilities will be developed to include:
- Designing, engineering, and detailing of exterior wall systems
- Modeling of performance and analyzing results
- Writing specifications
- Participating in external client meetings
- Interpreting architectural intent
- Summarizing technical concepts so they’re easy to understand
- Reviewing contractor proposal and shop drawings
- Witnessing laboratory performance testing
- Inspecting quality of prefabricated materials at factories
- Inspecting progress on site
- Writing reports
Please email your resume, cover letter, and work samples to email@example.com
Identify position in email’s subject line.