Rivers & Christian is an established practice, spanning Architecture, Interiors, Planning and Project Management. We are currently seeking an experienced Revit & CAD Designer/Drafter (Falls under the definition of AIA Intern III) to join our team.
With over thirty five years of experience and project presence in every major airport in the State of California, and several nationally, the professionals of Rivers & Christian are experts in providing architectural services to the aviation industry. Recent projects include long range terminal master planning, retail, technology improvement projects, major terminal renovation and expansion projects as well as ground up general aviation facilities. We have an extensive portfolio of commercial projects, with a special focus on Type I buildings.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Professional degree in Architecture (preferred).
- Proficiency in AutoCad and Revit (required).
- Project experience in schematic design through construction documents on commercial (Type I) projects.
- Previous experience with consultant coordination, technical detailing, and specification research.
- Abilities in 3D modeling (Rhino, Sketchup) and rendering (Vray, 3dsMax) as well as Adobe Creative Suite for design.
- Professional License or progress towards obtaining one is HIGHLY desirable.
Candidates demonstrating many or all of the above qualifications will be especially valued as the nature of our work requires us to shift roles and responsibilities as projects demand. Flexibility and a broad professional interest (from the conceptual to the technical) are key.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary, employer-paid PPO medical insurance, life insurance, optional participation in vision, dental, FSA, Aflac and 401(k) plans.
- Paid vacation time, sick time, and holidays.
- Paid monthly parking permit for office building.
- A studio environment, in which employee contributions are highly valued and collaboration is encouraged.
To apply, please email your cover letter, resume and work samples AS A SINGLE PDF document with Subject line “Experienced Designer” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Absolutely no telephone calls or walk-ins please.
Resumes without work samples will not be considered.