Sargenti Architects is a fast growing national and international retail architectural firm with over 120 employees and offices in Paramus NJ (headquarters), Los Angeles CA, Philadelphia PA, and Dallas TX. We are currently seeking a motivated individual for Drafting/Cad operator positions in our Paramus, Los Angeles, and Philadelphia offices. This individual must be highly skilled and proficient in AutoCad and or Revit, and have 1 plus years of architectural drafting experience. Knowledge in retail or restaurant architecture is preferred.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Consult technical handbooks and guidelines and assist in landlord research and code compliances
- Assist in the development of floor plans
- Assist with the completion of drawings red-lined by Project Managers, and Assistant Manager
- Occasionally assist with carrying out site surveys on a need basis
- Follow instructions of managers accurately with efficiency
- Utilize AUTOCAD and other programs to develop lay out and diagrams with attention to specification details
- Create drawings for industry specific projects based on preliminary sketches, concepts and data
- Associates degree or higher in Drafting & Design or related field
- Entry level/college graduates/interns with 6 months to 1 year experience as Draftsperson
- Ability to interpret construction data, engineering calculations and specifications
- Proficiency in AutoCAD required, with basic knowledge of Revit, Sketch up, Photoshop and Illustrator preferred
- Experience drafting construction documents preferred
- Must be comfortable in a support role and possess the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to multitask and produce accurate work
- Willing to be tested on AutoCAD skills on Microsoft version 2010 or above at the time of the interview
- Must possess strong time management skills and have the ability to handle the pressure of tight deadlines.
Sargenti Architects provides a friendly and open work environment. Our offices are set up in a studio style format which allows for better dialogue and personal communication among all employees.
We offer medical, dental, vision benefits. We offer 401k savings plans, paid vacation and personal time off.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and work examples to: email@example.com
Sargenti welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Architecture · 51-200 employees · Founded 1996 · Privately Held
Sargenti Architects has been providing architectural and engineering services for Retail Clients throughout the U.S. and Internationally for over 19 years and is licensed in 49 states and Puerto Rico. Through quality service and an understanding of the needs of our customers, we have grown into a recognized organization in the retail community. With a staff of over 100 we are committed to providing personal attention and experience to all of our customers while keeping the client’s overall goals of cost and timing at the forefront.