We are a small architecture firm seeking a designer with strong graphic and problem solving skills for an immediate opening. We are looking to find a long-term contributor to our team who can appreciate the potential for career growth at a small and growing firm.
Much of our current work is housing at a variety of scales, and this includes a number of different typologies (ADUs, co-living, mutifamily, and single family). We also work on office interiors, retail stores, and the occasional pavilion in the forest.
- Assist with the preparation of program and schematic proposals, project layouts and design options in 2D and 3D using Revit.
- Participate in day to day project management using spreadsheets, Asana and other digital tools.
- Assist with the preparation of construction drawings and construction detailing for contractors, permit agencies, etc. using Revit
- Assist with construction administration.
- Prepare finish material sample boards, physical models and graphic presentations for client approval.
- 1-3 years experience in a U.S. architecture office
- an architectural degree from an accredited school
- You must have experience with preparing construction documents and be able to show samples of this work
- Proficiency with Revit and the usual array of Adobe graphics software is required
- Other experience with 3D modeling and rendering is a plus (e.g. Rhino, SketchUp, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are required
- Professional level of diligence, and evidence that you understand the value of double-checking, proofreading, asking questions, and otherwise paying attention to the job at hand.
- Must be available for an in-person interview in San Francisco
- Licensure is not required but demonstrated progress towards fulfilling these requirements is a plus.
- Sane working hours in a pleasant sunlight ground floor office
- 100% Employer-paid health insurance
- Employer-matched retirement plan with immediate eligibility
- 10 days PTO + sick leave and paid holidays
- Competitive salary
How to Apply
Please email a digital portfolio, resume and cover letter as follows:
Subject Line: Designer Position
Please send us ONE .pdf file with a resume and portfolio sample of your best work. The file should be less than 5MB. Please include your cover letter in the body of the email and tell us a bit about yourself and why you’d like to work here. We will contact you if we are interested in scheduling an interview.