Michael W. Folonis Architects is a highly recognized, award winning architectural design studio located in Santa Monica. Project typologies include but are not limited to: high-rise, mixed-use, commercial, multi-family housing, and healthcare. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented individual to join our firm. This position is full-time and available immediately.
Designer 1: Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of full time relevant experience. This is a full time position for candidates with legal U.S. work status only (No H1-B visa sponsorship offered.)
This is an excellent opportunity for a person who wants to take charge and fast-track their architectural experience. Should you be interested, please contact us immediately if you meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor or Masters of Architecture from an accredited institution
- Knowledge of local municipal codes and the CBC
- Experience and knowledge of architectural design, drafting, detailing, building materials, building codes, construction techniques
- Proficiency in design conception and presentation, as well as construction documentation
- Experience and knowledge of Type V projects and mixed-use projects
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be exceptional as a collaborator, be critical and dynamic as a problem-solver and be friendly and easy to work with
- ArchiCAD experience preferred, Revit experience helpful
- Candidate must be actively working towards licensure
- Participation in all phases of architectural practice
- Developing architectural planning and design concepts under the direction of the senior project architect
- Coordinating architectural design and building systems with engineering consultants
- Conducting research and development of all project materials, including design options
- Preparing project presentation materials, diagrams, rending and graphics
- Production of architectural drawings and documentation
- Work with city and/or county agencies to resolve code related issues
Responsibilities will include:
Interested individuals should provide a cover letter, resume and salary history [5mb max.] to email@example.com. Examples of construction documents prepared by the candidate will be required at the interview.
We are accepting applicants who are well versed in the California Building Code and live in the Los Angeles area. We will consider candidates who have authorization to work in the US only.
You can view our website at folonisarchitects.com.