EHDD, a national leader in architecture, interior design, urban planning and sustainability, is seeking a full-time Designer to join our team.
EHDD is not a departmentalized office; instead we are organized around each specific project and we keep key staff on that project from beginning to end. Our Designers benefit from that philosophy by gaining a breadth of experience, early in their career development. With direction from a licensed Architect and/or Design Principal, the Designer will assist in the delivery of projects from our broad portfolio of projects from early design phases through construction.
As a Designer, your role is to work in close coordination with the project team to develop appropriate design solutions for projects of all sizes and levels of complexity. The ideal candidate will be prepared and eager to participate in all phases of projects, including programming, schematic and design development, construction documents and construction administration phases.
- Participate in all aspects of design from initial programming through schematic design and plan approval by client
- Develop graphic renderings, 3D digital massing and construction drawings
- Develop technical details and coordinate with consultants, contractors, fabricators and regulatory agencies
- Conduct material and product research and selection
- Develop drawings and details on various projects while applying broad knowledge of principles of sustainable design and construction
- Professional degree from an accredited school of architecture
- 0-3 years’ experience in a design office [Architectural office preferred]
- Proven excellence in design and presentation skills
- Strong 3D visualization skills are required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency with Revit, AutoCAD and other 3D modeling software [Rhino/3DS Max]
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite [Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint]
- Strong knowledge of sustainable design principles and LEED accreditation are a plus
EHDD offers a great work place environment and interesting building types – including aquariums, museums, academic facilities, laboratories, libraries, student housing and commercial residential developments. We offer competitive benefits, including flex days and support for professional development.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume and samples of your work by e-mail to HR@ehdd.com and reference Designer I on subject line.