Construction Manager Position Announcement
site design group, ltd. (site) is a creative landscape architecture and urban design firm located in Chicago, Illinois. In our 27 years in business, we have made our name in Chicago and throughout the Midwest for our leadership and innovation in landscape architecture and urban design, commitment to design excellence, and out-of-the-box, creative process. As landscape architects, arborists, urban designers, planners, and architects, we are a collective of innovative creative-thinkers. We believe having fun and creating captivating spaces are symbiotic.
We believe that design is iterative, collaborative, and equal parts creative and pragmatic. We pride ourselves on developing unique, project-specific designs, but we’re also intent on creating functional, well-detailed spaces that work and satisfy the needs of owners and users.
The Construction Manager position includes construction observation and management on site for a variety of landscape architecture and urban design projects. This position may require occasional travel.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Participation in project planning meetings, daily site review, client coordination meetings, constructability reviews, and pre-construction meeting
- Creation and integration of construction management procedures and processes for the project as well as review of the firm’s standard construction processes
- Monitoring and documenting construction project process
- Assuring adherence to construction timeline and specifications
- Responsible for field checks and overall quality control of all work completed on site and at designated off-site locations
- Review RFIs, submittals, Change Order requests, Project Close-out, and contractor As-Builts, coordinate responses
- Manage review of pay applications and contractor compliance
- Quality assurance and compliance review of construction documents within office
- Coordination and management of Punch List reviews
- Produce site visit records and meeting minutes
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Construction Management, Project Management, Civil/Structural Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Urban Design, or a related field
- Five or more years construction field experience working directly with Architects, Landscape Architects, Engineers, Contractors, and owners
- Competency with relevant software, including: Microsoft Office and Autodesk AutoCAD.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of computer construction software products
- Knowledge of specification writing
- Demonstrated range of experience in field operations and construction methods, including project scheduling, management systems, and project closeout.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to relay the project story to various audiences
- Effective problem identification, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced studio environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, clients, and consultants
- A commitment to design excellence and innovation
- Landscape Architecture. Architecture, or related professional license is a plus
Commensurate with experience.
site design group, ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer in full compliance with local, state, and federal Civil Rights and Affirmative Action laws.
E-mail a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to:
888 South Michigan Avenue, #1000
Chicago, Illinois 60605