COOKFOX Architects is seeking a BIM Support Specialist candidate with 3+ years of professional experience in a similar position and expert fluency in Revit/Dynamo, experience with BIM execution plans, modeling plans, Integrated Project Delivery (IPD), and model visualization. The candidate should be highly proficient in AutoCAD, Rhino/Grasshopper, and have working knowledge of Sketchup, 3D Studio Max. The best candidate will have a demonstrated enthusiasm for environmental stewardship and will be able to engage the vision of our firm.
- Provide Revit/BIM support across the firm’s design projects
- Work closely with project teams on developing project startup methods and workflow strategies to ensure efficient and precise delivery of work.
- Responsibility for content management, maintaining office standards manual and basic how-to guides to ensure consistency in work across the studio.
- Assist in providing BIM application training to staff as required: onboarding of new colleagues with studio standards, and ongoing education and training for design teams to maintain skillsets and conceptual understanding.
- Support project teams with advanced modeling requirements, content creation and coordination efforts.
- Model Management
- Create, manage and organize detail and family libraries for use between projects.
- Assist the office in maintaining and implementing Revit templates and standards, and coordinate standards for specific project requirements
- Assist troubleshooting and resolving Revit/BIM application issues
- Development of Revit – Dynamo standards
- Development of Rhino – Revit standards
- Coordinate with IT and management for implementing software updates and plug-ins.
- This position is a full-time position.
The ideal candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- 3+ year’s professional experience in this role as BIM Specialist.
- 3-5 years in architecture
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and structures,
- Experience in all design phases, specifically project coordination and construction document preparation.
- Advanced proficiency in Revit & Dynamo
- Advanced proficiency in Rhino and Grasshopper
- Proficiency in Revit API, Object oriented programing languages, AutoCAD, Rhino, Sketchup, 3D Studio Max, and additional applications for energy modeling, building analysis, and rendering.
Self-motivated, energetic, and organized, with strong communication skills.
COOKFOX Architects is a New York City studio dedicated to a vision of integrated, environmentally responsive design. Guided by a passion for design excellence and a belief in the collaborative process, COOKFOX seeks out select projects that fundamentally re-think how buildings interact with people and the natural environment. Starting with intensive research, we seek to understand each project in its natural, cultural, and contemporary context, so that our work may express the ideals and identity of a given client, time, and place. Inspired by concepts such as biophilia and biomimicry, we are pursuing architecture that restores and regenerates the urban environment.
Please submit resume and portfolio along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com with “BIM Manager” in the subject line. Please include salary requirements and availability, and please do not send attachments exceeding 4 MB. Responses without cover letter will be discarded without review. No phone calls, please.