The BIM Manager will be the main point of contact for the project design teams on design software related issues in a global architectural practice, acting as a mentor to our design members on best practices of moving through the lifecycle of a project. In this position, the BIM Manager will serve as a hands on project manager and will be responsible for managing numerous Revit users and multiple Revit projects, facilitating production and model development for all phases of projects, implementation of advanced technologies and prototyping, providing support to BIM initiatives, and ensuring that timely and relevant training is executed. This position is also responsible for the configuration of all software used in the systems and workflows.
- Implement our BIM vision and structure and facilitate consistency, increase quality, effectiveness and efficiency of our processes and deliverables of all projects.
- Liaise with firm-wide BIM leader on BIM standards and strategy.
- Promote, educate and support our core BIM Software Platforms – primarily REVIT.
- Interfacing with other design application such as 3Dmax, Rhino, Vray, Grasshopper, Dynamo, etc.
- Project Revit Set up.
- Review project Revit models at key milestones for consistency with standards, level of development, and efficient modeling practices.
- Create and maintain related software deployments, updates, upgrades and respective plug-ins.
- Customization and programming experience.
- Parametric modeling experience.
- Experience with workflows with interfacing models in different rendering software.
- Support for creative design solutions.
- Manage, Audit and keep on track Revit models.
- Create, maintain and roll out Revit standards.
- Experience in putting together multiple cd sets.
- Oversight of printing and publishing drawings sets at various milestones.
- Ability to mentor, teach and be a team player.
- Professional degree in Architecture or Interior Design Fields from an accredited program.
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience Industry specific (Architecture and Interiors) knowledge of professional services for all stages of Project Delivery Training Design and Delivery experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of Revit with experience & interface with other rendering programs like 3DSmax, Rhino and Vray and other Design Applications.
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, send your cover letter, resume and salary history as one file ( Adobe PDF preferred but Word is acceptable) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “BIM Manager – San Francisco – Your Name” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Due to the nature of work with Federal Government, a standard background check maybe required.
Perkins Eastman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the Federal E-Verify program. EOE/M/F/D/V