Ennead Architects is a multidisciplinary design firm with projects ranging from museums and performing arts centers to complex laboratory, research and teaching facilities for higher education, from large scale infrastructure projects and urban plans to hotels and residential buildings. To address the challenges and opportunities that accompany digital practices Ennead maintains an Applied Computing Department that advances and deploys computational methodologies to the design staff.
The Applied Computing Department maintains three central goals: to advance process and workflow such that project tasks are being executed in the most efficient and precise way, to maintain an ever evolving curriculum of coursework and training that ensures our staff not only has a strong command of current tools but a common conceptual understanding of their practice and to develop standards that ensure consistency on all projects across the studio, establishing a homogeneity to our work product.
We are looking for a highly talented, motivated and self-learning individual for the Applied Computing Department at Ennead Architects. The candidate would work alongside project teams to conceptualize and implement advanced workflows during the design and documentation phases of a project. Current areas of interest within the department include computational geometry, full design cycle efficiencies and data exchange/mining. The candidate should be highly proficient in Revit/Dynamo and Rhino/Grasshopper, have familiarity with object oriented programming languages and quickly learn and adapt new technologies into valuable workflows for project teams. Years of professional experience, 1-3. Educational Requirements, Bachelor of Architecture.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Onboarding of new hires with Ennead Revit standards, and hands on Revit training.
- Project BIM kickoff, and just in time training for design team.
- Model Management: BIM Audits, Data Mining and Project Harvesting.
- Development of Revit <> Dynamo workflow standards.
- Rhino <> Revit interoperability for complex Grasshopper generated geometry.
- Digital asset creation and Revit library management, including Ennead Revit template.
- Ability to develop learning material, deliver effective training and provide ongoing education and support to Revit project teams.
- 1-3 years of experience in developing BIM models for architectural documentation.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates ability to effectively create presentations and communicate concepts to clients and associates using various software applications
- Advanced proficiency in Revit & Dynamo
- Intermediate proficiency in Rhino & Grasshopper
- Basic proficiency in Revit API, C#. Advanced proficiency a plus.
- Full Time
- Bachelor of Architecture
- BIM Manager: 1-3 years
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio along with salary requirements to email@example.com. Please reference “BIM Manager” in the subject line of your email, and attach the completed Applicant ID, Veteran Self-ID, and Disability Self-ID Forms which can be found under “downloads” on the http://www.ennead.com/employment page along with your materials.
In addition, please indicate in your cover letter whether or not you are legally authorized to work in the US, or if you will now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status).
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. The firm is an equal opportunity employer and complies with applicable local, state and federal fair employment practices laws. The firm gives equal opportunity and consideration to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, creed, age, disability which is unrelated to the individual’s ability to perform the duties of a particular job or position, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws.