The School of Visual Arts invites applications for a faculty position in the Interior Design Department to teach introductory level Autodesk Revit. Instruction will include the basics of Autodesk Revit including the tools and concepts of working with a parametric building modeler for interior and architectural designs. The course will focus on creating a model in Revit using typical design phases.
The successful candidate should possess:
- A professional degree in architecture and/or interior design.
- at least 1-2 years working in the professional field.
- at least 1-2 years teaching experience
- A comprehensive mastery of Revit and other Autodesk software such as AutoCAD and 3DS Max
- Have advanced knowledge of 3D rendering software such as V-Ray, and its use in conjunction with Revit
- The ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve various advanced technical issues utilizing this software with students on an individual basis and during class instruction.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume/cv in PDF format, as well as work samples (5 image maximum) to email@example.com
For questions, please contact the search committee c/o Malcolm Lightner at firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Visual Arts (SVA) in New York City is an established leader and innovator in the education of artists. From its inception in 1947, the faculty has been comprised of professionals working in the arts and art-related fields. SVA provides an environment that nurtures creativity, inventiveness and experimentation, enabling students to develop a strong sense of identity and a clear direction of purpose.